Hawthorne Homes For Sale
(90250 Zip Code)
Learn more about Hawthorne
Hawthorne Real Estate Market
Property is in high demand in Hawthorne, as homes often offer a large lot size, at a reasonable price, and located minutes from the beach. There are a multitude of buyers looking in Hawthorne, with fewer sellers in the area.
Hawthorne is a great place to call home. It is ideal for families looking to live in the South Bay without having to spend top dollar in one of the beach cities. Many Hawthorne homes feature spacious front and back yards perfect for entertaining and for children and pets to roam. Hawthorne offers several neighborhoods with different price points, which appeals to a range of potential buyers.
Neighborhood Spotlight: A more notable neighborhood in Hawthorne is called Hollyglen which is bounded by Rosecrans Avenue, Aviation Boulevard, El Segundo Boulevard, and the 405 freeway. Hollyglen is known for the award-winning Wiseburn School District and is ideal for employees making a short commute to large corporations such as SpaceX, Northrop Grumman, Mattell, and Hughes.
Hawthorne was home to Jim Thorpe, one of the world’s greatest athletes and Olympic gold medalists in the late 1940’s. There is even a park located at 14100 Prairie Ave. Hawthorne, CA 90250 named after him.
The median sales price for homes in Hawthorne is currently $740,000; which has decreased 1% compared to the median sales price one year ago in 2020. The average price per square foot of Hawthorne is currently $580 which is an increase of 2% compared to the average price per square foot of $570 in 2020. This makes the city of Hawthorne a great time to buy and sell.
Hawthorne, CA is an ideally situated SoCal hub, bordered on all sides by freeways and within close proximity to LAX, making it the perfect location for commuters and travelers alike. The three major freeways (105, 110, and 405) offer quick and easy access to neighboring cities, entertainment, or a spontaneous trip to the mountains or beaches.
Notable sites and attractions in and around Hawthorne, CA:
- LA Ale Works Brewery
- SoFi Stadium
- Eureka Restaurant
- Common Space Brewery
- The Beach Boys Historic Landmark
- Hawthorne Municipal Airport (Location of the Space X Headquarters and Tesla Motors Design Center)
Our Favorite Hawthorne Restaurants:
- Matisse Restaurant: a fine-dining restaurant that was named one of the best restaurants of Southern California by Gourmet. Offering a mix of American cuisine and European flavors with a sophisticated ambiance.
- Zacatecas Restaurant: a local favorite for delicious Mexican food with excellent service. Grab a margarita and dine on dishes ranging from tacos and burritos to burgers and oysters.
- Cafe Cuba & Cakes: offering a taste of Havana in So-Co, customers rave about the Cuban-style coffee, Cuban sandwiches, and the potato balls.
Hawthorne Parks & Recreation
- Eucalyptus Park: A beautiful 6-acre park that offers formal picnic areas with picnic tables, grills, a tot lot, wading pool, basketball quarts, skate park, and a walking path.
- Glasgow Place: With picnic tables and a walking path, it’s a great place to relax or take a stroll.
- Holly Park: At just over ten acres, this park features picnic areas with grills, a wading pool, lighted tennis courts, baseball fields, horseshoes, shuffleboard, basketball, and croquet!
- Memorial Park: At over 13 acres, Memorial Park is the largest in Hawthorne. Featuring grills, formal picnic area, indoor facilities, Boccie courts, Par course equipment, basketball, lighted Futsal courts, a tot lot, and a wading pool.
- Jim Thorpe Park: Amenities here include baseball fields, basketball, a wading pool, picnic tables, and the historical society.
- Ramona Park: If you’re looking to play shuffleboard and horseshoes, this is the park for you. Also features croquet, wading pools, basketball, a tot lot, and picnic tables.
- Average annual high temperature is 71ºF
- Average annual low temperature is 57ºF.
- Average annual precipitation is about 13.89”.
- The coolest months are January and February, where the average high is 67ºF.
- The warmest month is August with an average high of 78ºF.
Towns & Cities Near Hawthorne, CA:
- El Segundo
- Manhattan Beach
More Information on Hawthorne, CA
A quick view of the most influential metrics in Hawthorne.
PROPERTIES FOR SALE in Hawthorne
View our selection of available properties in the Hawthorne.
Inside Hawthorne CALIFORNIA REAL ESTATE MARKET
Check out the latest demographic information available for Hawthorne.
VS National AVG
VS National AVG
VS National AVG
VS NAtional AVG
VS National AVG
Learn more about schools near Hawthorne complete with ratings and contact information.
The Best in Hawthorne
Browse through the top rated businesses in the most popular categories Hawthorne has to offer.